Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The last one...

I know, I know...it's been over six months since my last post (I just published one which has been lingering in the pre-publication stage). After two years of studying Chinese, I have been accepted to a graduate program in the United States and will be leaving Taiwan soon, thus ending the blog as well.

Of course I am leaving with mixed feelings. There were so many people I met who helped me, so many friends I made, and so many experiences which I have learned from that I will never forget my time here. At the same time I look forward to going back to the States, where I haven't lived in over eight years, and haven't visited for four years. I look forward to meeting long-lost friends and family, eating American comfort food, and being able to understand everything! I also look forward to starting my Master's degree, and continuing my inquiries into languages and cultures.

Farewell, Formosa!

No comments: